A PRAJNYA ARCHIVES PROJECT TO MARK INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY 2014
FEBRUARY 8 TO MARCH 7, 2014
Who was the first woman in your family to graduate from college/university?
Do you know and do you have photos that tell her story?
Prajnya invites you to share the photos with us by submitting them to “The First Graduate,”
a special Prajnya Archives project.
WHY SHOULD YOU PARTICIPATE IN “THE FIRST GRADUATE”?
• To honour the woman who was a pioneer graduate in your family.
• To honour all women who seek education against many odds.
• All the photos and narratives that are of reasonable image quality
and come with the required information will be included in the Prajnya Archives,
a permanent exhibit and resource for women’s history.
• A selection of the photos submitted will be part of a special featured exhibit
on the Prajnya Archives website.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
• The photo must be of the first known graduate in your immediate or extended family.
• The woman in question must have graduated before 2000.
• Photos are welcome from India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Maldives, Pakistan,
Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal and Afghanistan.
What kind of photo?
• The photograph/s need not be graduation photos–
they can be any photograph of the person in question.
• The photo/s may be accompanied by a short or long write-up about the woman in the photograph –
this may be a story of her college/university experiences or
some other related narrative that celebrates her strength and gifts–
as many of these details as possible.
• Only high quality photos (at least 300 dpi) will be accepted.
What must the submission include to be accepted?
To be complete entries must include:
•name of the graduate
•the college and/or university
• major and degree
•the year of graduation
•year the photo was taken (approximate year acceptable)
•contributor’s age, address/contact info.
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SENT BY EMAIL TO:
between February 8 and March 7, 2014
Submission of the photos means you consent to the following:
•Placement in the Prajnya Archives for research and educational use.
•Permission to use in this and other exhibitions (with attribution).
•Permission to use in any other format (publication,etc) (with attribution).
Photos in this graphic (clockwise) courtesy
Sakshi Kumar, Vasantha Ramakrishnan and Shyamala Rajagopalan.
@The Prajnya Trust, 2014