As the world copes with the COVID-19 pandemic and watches with awe as the health-care community goes about its work, we at the Prajnya Archives invite you to celebrate the doctors, nurses and other caregivers and healers you know.
Email your photos-with-narratives to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in this special collection. Write “Healthcare Heroes” in the subject line.
- We welcome photos of women healthcare workers, at work in clinics, hospitals or with patients. Send us their stories too, with links to their writing if possible.
- The submission must include: the subject of the image, place, date, context, approximate date when the photo was taken.
- Some optional details: A relevant story about the subject, for instance.
- You may submit both historical and new images which you own. That is, you can scan old photos or you can take new photographs to submit.
- The person making the submission needs to have the right to submit the photo. Submission is confirmation of this right as far as we are concerned.
- Please note: It is vital that the subject of your photo has given the photographer implicit or explicit permission to take the photo/ use the photograph for this purpose.
- The images must be of high quality (at least 300 dpi).
- Cell phone images will be accepted provided the image is clear even in an enlarged view.
- Images from all over Southasia are welcome – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka–as well as from the Southasian diaspora.
- Please note: To be complete entries must include contributor’s name, age, address/contact info, and narrative with essential details.
Submission of the photos means you consent to our use of the photos with attribution:
- Putting in archive for research use
- Permission to use in exhibition
- Permission to use in any other format (publication, etc.)